LIVING LARGE is usually a term we associate with the lifestyles of the rich and famous or at least with the graduated and employed. If you are attending the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas you’ve just hit the off campus apartment jackpot!
Many Student Living Communities (SLC) in Denton have the most extensive community features and amenities offered to students anywhere in the United States. These communities also boast some of the most professional management staff members in the industry too with their focus on making sure the student living experience is second to none. Another cool thing about these communities is that most of the residents will be students too, and there is nothing more enjoyable than living in an environment with your peers. So, before you make that all important decision on where you’re going to be living next academic year, we highly suggest that you begin with a comparative list of student living communities vs. conventional apartments. These SLC are not for everyone, but once you take a closer look and compare your leasing contract exposure, transportation costs, campus parking expenses, furnished vs. unfurnished apartments, monthly utilities, features and planned social events, you’ll find that “Living Large” really is quite affordable. Here are several things to consider when looking at a Student Living Community as your next home.
- LEASE BY BED – you are only responsible for your portion of the rent. You are literally leasing by the bed. For example, If you live in a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 other roommates you are not responsible for his or her portion of the monthly rent. Most Student Living Communities also provide a Roommate Matching Program.
- FULLY FURNISHED – All bedrooms will be furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, walk-in closet and your own private bathroom. Common living areas will also be fully furnished and don’t forget the updated kitchens. Some communities even provide flat-screen TV’s in the living room. All you’ll need are your clothes, a few personal items and you’ll be ready to rock when the semester starts!
- UTILITIES INCLUDED / UTILITY CAP – A Utility Cap is just like a utility allowance and it is provided on a per person basis. Though cap rates do vary, the standard is around $30 per month. Unless you are a “utility-monster” your cap rate should cover your monthly expenses. Any overages will be divided equally between roommates. This is as close as it gets to All Bills Paid.
- TRANSPORTATION – Most Student Living Communities are either within walking distance to campus or on the DCTA Connect or UNT Shuttle Service Routes. Taking the shuttle can be a real cost saver for students. Between gas and parking permits things can add up quickly, not to mention the time it takes to find a parking spot on campus
- COMMUNITY FEATURES – Living in a Student Community in Denton is almost like being at a resort. Everything from a pool & outdoor grill area, entertainment & gaming rooms, cyber cafes, fitness centers, sports courts, tanning facilities, study & conference rooms, garages or covered parking to planned social events. . . you name it and most Student Living Communities provide it! You can easily place an entertainment and services value of approximately $200 per month on the features and amenities provided by these communities.
- PLANNED SOCIAL EVENTS – Management provides a little something extra for everyone in their community. They stay in close contact with each university to coordinate campus events with their residents, so they will continue to engage in campus life. They also host events like movie-watching parties, pool parties, free breakfast-lunch-dinner events during exams and more! These activities really contribute to a great student living experience.
Below are links to Student Living Communities in Denton and the respective websites:
14 FIFTY-ONE >
33 DEGREES NORTH >
ABBORS OF DENTON >
ARCH AT DENTON >
CASTLEROCK AT DENTON >
CITY PARC AT FRY STREET >
DENTON STUDENT APARTMENTS >
FORUM AT DENTON STATION >
GATEWAY AT DENTON >
HAVEN AT DAUGHERTY / COMING FALL 2021 >
MIDTOWN 905 >
PARK PLACE AT DENTON / COMING FALL 2021
REDPOINT AT DENTON >
RETREAT AT DENTON >
RIDGE AT NORTH TEXAS >
U CENTRE AT FRY STREET >
UC DENTON >
UNIVERSITY VIEW DENTON >
VIRIDIAN DENTON >